THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Skipper Beers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 15:33:27 EDT
> Edward Reisman <>

>  However, if I am to convince this doctor that her outlook is erroneous, I
>  need more.  Can anyone point me to some articles or studies that support
our
>  view?

So, you're on timed release T3 and your T3 shows up as high, I'm on it and
still in the T3 normal range with low T4.  I was surprised mine was normal.

I don't know if I can point you to articles, if we were just talking about
TSH I would say David Derry's interview on Mary Shomon's website is great.
But this doctor actually looked at T3 too.

 I think something that might be helpful to you is at
http://www.efn.org/~raypeat/thythera.rtf"

There's a paragraph by Ray Peat, (which won't permit me to cut and paste it
here) which says labs measure the T3 in the serum of the blood and not in the
red blood cells which means they throw out 95 % of the T3.  Whereas the 5%
left bears a statistical significance to the total or not is probably not
known.

What he says that makes sense, is it's easier to measure the biological
effect of the T3.  I don't know if he means specifically be measuring your
temperature or something else.  At one time they used to do a basal
metabolism test which involved the patient being in some kind of tent and
measuring respiration.  Dr. Derry said it was the only test to ever measure
metabolism like this.  My Uncle was diagnosed this way as a 15 year of
orphan, but never again by any other test.

Another interesting thing he talks about is that most of the T3 is converted
by the liver, the brain may have a serum concentration of T3, 6 times greater
than elsewhere and it tries to expel T4.

So, the brain needs a lot of T3.  When I read fluoride was an antithyroid
drug that used to be put in the water of prisoners of war the Russians wanted
to keep stupid and docile, I wondered if that was the case who wanted
fluoride in our water and wanted us to be stupid and docile?  Not giving us
T3 when we need it will obviously achieve the same results, and a large
percentage of the population seems to be  hypothryoid.  Maybe due to fluoride
on top of nuclear testing and who knows what else.  Most of us have heard the
term the "dumbing down of America" referring to groups in political power who
want to change standards in the educational system and the fact that children
don't seem to be smarter than us like they should be.  Well here's another
way to "dumb us down."  I've been wondering if the reason everything is in
pictures now like buttons on cars and road signs, pictures that someone like
me has to think about to translate that weren't there when I was a teenager
are there to encourage us to be illiterate.  Trying to make it so one doesn't
have to read to function in society.  Yes, I think the powers that be may
like us stupid.  Perhaps if we are then we won't realize that the reason that
the wealthiest 3% of Americans pay most of the taxes because they own most of
the country so we ought to lower their tax rates and get rid of the Estate
Tax, which will assure us that their due to an accident of birth, and not
their individual hard work, their children forever will have an advantage
over ours who don't have billions.  Or that the reason a certain president
may have taken such a dislike to the Estate Tax is that he is a primary
beneficiary of its repeal if it stands.  Yes, that person having a net worth
of $1 billion  only being able to pass $1/2 billion of to his children and
they only $1/4 billion to their children certainly needs sympathy, doesn't
it?  (American issues,  I get carried away when I think about some things,
it doesn't surprise me that our politicians would like us dumb.  I wonder if
there's fluoride in the White House drinking water.)

I used a few things from Derry to persuade my doctor, some really do listen.
Most won't.

Skipper Beers

  Control Your Self-Serve Thyroid Account Here
Rules - mailto:[log in to unmask]
NoMail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Mail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Not DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Stop Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Subject: [THYROID] - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Subscribe - <http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?SUBED1=thyroid>
Unsubscribe - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Thyroid Archives - http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/thyroid.html
Contact List Owners - mailto:[log in to unmask]