THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Andrea Briand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 20:58:52 -0500
Hi,

What type of anti-inflammatiory were you on?  I am on Vioxx, which is a
cox2 inhibitor (unlike the others that affect the lining for the stomach
and irritate the stomach).  I can't tollerate other anti-inflammatories,
because of ulcers I've owned for years.  But I know that this Vioxx helped
the inflammation and pain from a bad tooth.  By the time it bagan hurting,
The tooth required a root canal.  The dentist said he believed it must have
been the Vioxx which masked symptoms until it was pretty bad....so I guess
maybe it might affect the thyroid too?   Maybe a good question when I see
the doctors

I am not yet on a prescribed thyroid med.  So far it is still the
naturopathic one.

Thanks
Andrea

>I was doing really well on medication for several months, but I then bacame
>hyperthyroiditis.  My endo attributes the reversal of my condition to the
>use of 30 days of anti-inflamatories (I've got a torn labrum and rotator).
>Originally the endo said that no other meds could/would affect my thyroid
>so I didn't question another doctor when he gave me the anti-inflamtory.
>My endo thinks the combination of the thyroid med and the anti-inflamatory
>caused my body to have too much throid chemical (the anti-inflammatory
>caused my thyroid inflammation to also shrink).

  Control Your Self-Serve Thyroid Account Here
Rules - mailto:[log in to unmask]
NoMail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Mail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Not DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Stop Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Subject: [THYROID] - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Subscribe - <http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?SUBED1=thyroid>
Unsubscribe - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Thyroid Archives - http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/thyroid.html
Contact List Owners - mailto:[log in to unmask]