THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Edward Reisman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 15:07:25 EDT
Hello to all.

I just saw my cardiologist today for a brief checkup.  She declared me
HYPERthyroid, based on my T3 from January (8.4, where the range is 2.3 - 4.2).

(I have been on the Wilson-protocol since last June, whereby I take
Sustained-Release T3 ONLY and no thyroxine/T4).

I gave her MY mantra -- so, doc, if I'm hyperthyroid, where are the symptoms?
 She said you could be hyper without necessarily showing the symptoms of
being hyper.

So, obviously, she is basing everything on the labs.

I am prepared to change cardiologists, if necessary.  However, as laughable
as it sounds, I'd like to convert her if possible.  It might help other
patients down the road.

So . . .  I know the positions of most people on this List, and of course of
Doc Don, Mary Shomon, Drs. Derry and Durrant-Peatfield, that the doc should
treat patients, i.e., their symptoms, and not their lab values.

However, if I am to convince this doctor that her outlook is erroneous, I
need more.  Can anyone point me to some articles or studies that support our
view?

Many thanks.

Edward Reisman

 If you "Reply" to a message, and *you* fail to erase or delete
  the previous message, *your* message may not be distributed.

Question not answered on Thyriod? Check the Thyroid Archives:
  http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/thyroid.html
 and ask again!