THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Skipper Beers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 01:22:11 EDT
> Sharon Johnson <[log in to unmask]>

>  In this day and age we must essentially become our own health activists,
for
>  we cannot always rely on the knowledge of our doctors.

Not always?  In fact if you had a balancing scale and put the number of
people on one side who were killed by wars and terrorists in the last 100
years  and on the other side were those killed by doctor's not listening to
patients (doc doesn't  give patient meds he needs particularly when the
medicine is a natural substance in your body, doctor gives a drug he thinks
will be better instead of the natural substance, patient goes to doctor for
headache and vomitting and doctor says here take some sinus spray and it will
make you all better (my mom just before coma), doctor doesn't even need to
see lab when patient wonders if they have thyroid problem and freely offers
the solution of Fen-phen or stomach stapling because one can just look and
see patient eats too much), yes, if you take the scale the side killed by
doctors is going to be the heavy one.  They've caused more death and more
suffering that we will ever fully know.

Ever wonder if the real terrorist plot is to weaken us by putting
anti-thyroid medication  in our water (one use of fluoride - Russians used to
do this to POWs to make them weak and docile, I assume they used slightly
higher doses than we get), educate our doctors away from thyroid treatment
which might give us a chance at a normal life, but without it if we need it
we get asthma so we can't run, plantar fascitis so it pains us to even walk
and just are weak and stupid in general?  Drug companies are now multi
national corporations, who knows who really controls what they do.  Isn't
this scenario kind of like chemical warfare.  Deprive a person in the goiter
belt (Michigan, Indiana, probably most of the country away from the ocean) of
iodine and even the doctors know that's a recipe for hypothyroidsm.  Why was
it they were steering us away from salt, to avoid high blood pressure?
Whereas Morton Iodized salt might be helpful, I doubt if canned spaghettios
have iodine in their salt and didn't I hear they no longer put bromide,
something useful in the same way as iodine in bread?  Not to mention if
holding the salt affects your thyroid in the least bit what happens is that
causes your blood pressure to go up and you have no idea why.  Then the
doctor tells you to restrict your salt shaker even more so you get no iodine
whatsoever.  I remember my wife's doctor telling her to do that the first
time she was pregnant.  Not a good time to test the theory.

I wouldn't have put these conspiracy theories past the Russians.  (There is a
movie called Conspiracy Theory with Mel Gibson and Julia Roberts, he also
mentioned the fluoride in the water.)  Since their apparent peaceful state I
didn't think anyone else had the intellectual capability to let our country's
own stupidity, particularly by misleading  our educated and highly trusted
health care  professionals lead us to our doom.  Maybe I'm wrong.  The third
world countries don't have our problem.  After all, my wife's allergist told
her they used the temperature test in India to prescribe thyroid, and he
really had thought she had a thyroid problem until he ran all the tests.  So,
it took her 15 years to get Armour here, but if she was in a third world
country she could have gotten it based on symptoms and temperature because
they don't have expensive labarotory equipment.  Wonder if Moslem terrorists
like Hindus better than Christians or Jews.  My mother died of hypo symptoms
I observed year after year, my wife was worried of her asthma strangling her
or having one of those reactions to inhalers that kill people, and she was
cured of asthma by proper thyroid treatment.

I wish I could tell you there is no note of seriousness in some parts of this
letter.  Sorry I can't.  If one's going to go to war with a country what
better thing to do than make them as unhealthy as possible?

Skipper Beers

 If you "Reply" to a message, and you fail to erase or delete
  the previous message, *your* message cannot be distributed.

  Three addresses for your self-service Thyroid account
1 Talk to many thyroid people  <[log in to unmask]>
 2 Control your account       <[log in to unmask]>
   3 Human help - any active member or <[log in to unmask]>
Account control <A HREF="http://www.Emissary.Net/Thyroid/">X</A>
Question not answered on Thyriod? Check the Thyroid Archives:
  http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html and ask again!