THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Skipper Beers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 02:28:58 EDT
> Mary <[log in to unmask]>

>  I get weekly allergy injections (immunotherapy).
>  Since starting Levothroid I have been having frequent
>  reactions to my shots on lower doses than I tolerated
>  before ("mosquito bite" larger than size of a
>  quarter).  Anyone know if there's a connection?

Don't know, but perhaps your immune system is stronger and who knows what
toxins you're subjecting yourself to by getting those shots.  I know a former
doctor who stopped taking them for herself because it made her so grouchy.
My wife almost started getting them but she thought she might have a bad
reaction to them and there didn't seem to be any proof they really work.
Allergist says, "they might."  On the other hand, it may not be a permanent
cure (and I knew a person who developed them in his 30's, they went away in
his 40s but came back in his 50s so a shot where you are injected with the
very things you're allergic to may just work when you somebody would suddenly
find they went away anyway) and in my opinion any shot can cause potential
damage.  My son was tested at the emergency room for meningitis (spinal tap,
wife took him not me) because he had a strong reaction to a tetanus shot and
symptoms were similar to menengitis.  We knew it was probably that but the
doctor was concerned that the tetanus shot might be coincidental and the
spinal tap would be wise.  He's a good doctor that we know, so we listened to
him and then to my son screaming.  Do they put formaldehyde and mercury in
allergy shots like they do vaccinations?

My wife had severe allergies and asthma until she started getting "too much
thyroid."  Before she started Wilson's T3 treatment under Doc Don she was up
to 18 grains with normal pulse and blood pressure.  I sincerely doubt that
allergy shots will cure thyroid induced allergies/asthma so if under
treatment of thyroid is the real problem it's another way the medical
profession costs thyroid patients lots and lots of money that goes into their
pockets.

The allergist she went to is learning a little about thyroid, he had already
run all the thyroid tests that an endocrinologist at University of Michigan
teaching hospital would have, but he was fooled as the other doctors by the
"normal" results.   He said back in India where he is from, they diagnose
thyroid by temperature in the same way my wife explained it to him.  Probably
because the paesants don't have thousands to enrich their medical profession
with.

Skipper

  Thyroid Welcome Message (Instructions) Always Available
 Anyone can obtain a fresh, new copy of the Thyroid Welcome
 message at any time (24/7) by sending an e-mail message
 saying only "get Thyroid Welcome" (remove quotes) to our
 sleepless robot at <[log in to unmask]>. Its free.