Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Rebecca Holland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 08:56:45 -0800

I've been living GF for about three years now.
Recently, my doctor did a DEXTA bone scan that showed
I'm developing significant bone loss.  He followed
this test up with a 24 hour urine, calcium test.  The
results were very low.  Mine was around 50, and my
doctor says that he likes to see levels of at least
125.  He put me on a vitamin D supplement for three
months and repeated the 24 hour urine test.  My
absorption is unchanged.  The doctor questioned if I
was absorbing, and of course, he's aware that I have
celiac.  I try to maintain a very strict GF diet. My
last upper GI scope showed that my celiac was under
control. Has anyone else been through this? I'm at a
loss on how to get my calcium levels up to normal.

Thanks,

Becky