From:
sandybill <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
sandybill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 08:46:35 -0700

We seem to have so much osteopenia and osteoporosis on this list
that I thought some of you would be interested in the two following
links to new studies about diet and treatments and how well they work.

Don't sweat the petty things
And don't pet the sweaty things
-vance

NEW YORK (Reuters Health) Apr 10 - Dietary animal protein appears
to play a protective role in the skeletal health of older women, according
to a report in the April 1st issue of the American Journal of Epidemiology.
ANIMAL PROTEIN CONSUMPTION ASSOCIATED WITH BONE
DENSITY IN ELDERLY WOMEN
Dietary animal protein appears to play a protective role in the skeletal
health of older women.
Reuters Health Information 2002
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/431555?srcmp=orth-041202

OSTEOPOROSIS OUTCOMES
Strengthen your clinical strategy for managing osteoporosis,
from screening and diagnosis to risk management and optimal
therapeutics. Review 'Osteoporosis: Consider the Outcomes,' a
new CME activity that is now accessible in the Osteoporosis
Resource Center, at:
http://www.medscape.com/mp/rc/usmd/osteoporosis