From:
Becky Goyan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 12:29:14 -0500

Hi!

I just got back from England, flying Air Canada (as if I had a choice!).
 The food going there was okay, although as per usual, they served me a
non-gf dinner roll.  Going back though, I ran into trouble - sort of.
 They served me a "gf" dinner roll made from wheat starch.  I realize
that this is considered okay in Europe and some people choose to eat it
here, but I can't eat it without severe consequences.  However, Air
Canada is willing to adapt a meal to whatever you need, given 18 hours
notice.  So if you are flying back from Europe, you may wish to request
no wheat starch in your meal as well.  The rest of the meal was okay
this time, but next time I sure won't take any chances.

If you are in England, you may want to note that Walker's crisps notes
right on their package that the ketchup, plain, and salt and vinegar
chips are appropriate for a gf diet.  Right on!

Becky Goyan
safely back in Kingston, Ontario