THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Barbara Whitt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 11:47:12 -0800
It is also a side affect of growing old.  Women in their forties should
look at bone density testing and take 1,000 calcium as recommended.
Watch the calcium though and make sure your body is going to be able to
absorb it.  The body needs Vitaman D to help absorb.  The calcium I take
has Vitamin D in it.  Also, the source of the calcium is critical.  Some
cannot be absorbed and are a waste of money.

Calcium can also be leached out of bones by thyroid medication being too
high.

Marla Berg-Vivit wrote:

> This is to help prevent osteoporosis, which is a side
> affect of hyperthyroid disease.  Anyone with thyroid
> diseases needs more calcium.

And HYPOthyroid.

Barbara Whitt