THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Richard Batty <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 1997 14:58:22 -0800
Broda Barnes says in his book that it may take a month to notice a difference. Personally I noticed some differences within a couple of days when taking Armour or Synthroid. I have had success with 2 grains of Armour in the past - I'm a 155 lb. male who runs between 50 and 100 miles per week depending how healthy I feel. I needed between 0.25 and 0.30 mg of Synthroid to feel close to 100% but seemed to be prone to
having hypo symptoms come back if I raced too much.

I'm currently trying Albion process magnesium chelate from Solgar - 400 mg per day in 2 doses with meals along with 100 mg of magnesium taurate and have had no bowel problems. I also take usually 3 gms of vitamin C
daily, so this helps even when I feel hypothyroid.

I also wonder about salt - I crave it a lot. However, I sweat very heavily when I run and could easily deplete myself of electrolytes. Similarly I crave red meat after running a marathon - which makes total sense due to the need to repair broken down tissues.

Richard