THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Barbara Whitt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 1997 07:34:10 -0700
Hello Everyone!

I have just joined this list, so I am sure my questions are not new to
anyone.  I have just been diagnosed with Hashimoto's, however, my
general practitioner refuses to refer me to an endocrinologist.  After
reading a few posts, I realize that it is important to do this.  And, of
course, the insurance won't pay for the endocrinologist unless I am
refered. My Dr. says that Hashimoto's is common and she has treated lots
of it, etc. etc. etc.  What can I say to encourage her to refer me.  I
have the name of an excellent Dr. refered to me by friends.

Thanks,

Barbara Whitt