THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 3 Apr 2004 21:34:53 -0500
Hi,

this is the first time writing for me but I have found almost no help under
any Aussie sites regarding my query.
My mother has had, first hyper then after removal of the thyroid,
hypothyriodism.  My brother 41 has just been diagnosed hyper and my sister
has had hypo since she was 11-now is 28.
Obviously I have kept a good eye on test results and have had these
regularly.  Recently I went to a new doctor-obgyn-who is in a practice that
deals mainly in herbal remedies and had my thyroid tests done.  My t3 .40?
and t4 5.2 were in the normal range but my antibodies were just above 100-
no doctor had ever said anything about antibodies.  I posted a message to
another thyroid website and was told that the antibodies being so high were
an indication that unless the herbal cure (combination of selenium drops,
thyroCo and Reishi & Shiitake tablets)works that I will develop
Hypothyroidism.  Is there any data out there that says that the herbal way
is best or is there any better way.  I certainly do feel better but if this
does not work, is there any history as to how long until the T3/4 levels
will start to change. I hope that I make sense as this is fairly new to me
and any help would be appreciated.
Regards Deb

 If you "Reply" to a message, and *you* fail to erase or delete
  the previous message, *your* message may not be distributed.

Question not answered on Thyroid? Check the Thyroid Archives:
  http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/thyroid.html
 and ask again!