THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 12:53:26 EST
Hi Group,

I have not posted for a while but have developed some problems the last few
months and would like some feedback. I was doing OK in the summer months, I
have been on Armour for 4 years. My last lab test in Dec. showed normal levels of
Free T4 and My Free T3 was high at 5.96, unfortunately I think I had taken my
Armour a couple hours before the lab test, so I am questioning how accurate
the results are. Of course my TSH was suppressed at .005 which I am not
concerned about.. My previous lab tests 3 months earlier also showed high Free T3 but
not as high as this one was. Is this consistent with Reverse T3 problems? I
currently am taking 4 grains a day of Armour.

Believe it or not I am COLD!!!!!  I need to run a basal temp. for the next 5
days and figure out where I am. My thighs on the top in spite of an ample
layer of fat get really cold when I am not getting enough thyroid. Does this sound
like Wilson's Syndrome? I have been riding a recumbent bike for 7 to 10 miles
a day, 30 - 45 minutes and that's seems to be the only way I can keep from
gaining weight, I would like to drop 10 pounds.

Has anyone tried saliva or urine tests to check thyroid results? I would like
to try some timed released T3, is the only available from a compounding
pharmacy? If so, anyone have recommendations?

I am not sure my Dr. is familiar with the Wilson's protocol, she is easy to
work with but thinks I need to cut my Armour back slightly. I also have been
taken a liquid vitamin supplement that contains thyrosine and I suspect it may
throw things off as well. During the summer I actually developed hyperthyroid
symptoms that went away when I quit taking the supplement. Now that it is in
the 40's outside taking the supplement as well as the Armour does not seem to be
enough.

I was tested a few years back for antibodies and the results were negative.
Prior to Armour I was taking Synthyroid for 20 years and developed
Fibromyalgia. The Fibromyalgia is under control when my thyroid levels are OK.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Colleen Witzel
Eugene, Oregon

 Thyroid messages contain only the opinions of their authors.
 Opinions expressed on Thyroid do not necessarily reflect the
 opinions of the management, publisher, or our advertisers.

 Change your own account here
   http://www.Emissary.Net/Thyroid/index.html

If a question isn't answered on Thyroid, check the Thyroid Archives:
<http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/thyroid.html> and ask again!