THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Frank Stoffers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Dec 2003 16:35:12 -0500
I am new to the site.  I have browsed many of the archives.

I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's in 2001 (off-the-chart peroxidase) based on
a suggestion I made to my doctor as I had complained of fatigue and weight
gain.

I have been vegan for 10 years; workout daily (aerobic, weight training),
and now yoga, tai chi, and kung fu.

The last few months, I have felt better but still the weight is a concern.

Here are my latest #s:  please help me with interpretation...

Total T3  1.3 (0.6-1.8 ng/ml)
Free T3   3.2 (2.3-4.2 pg/ml)
T4          8.2 (6.5-10.5 mcg/dl)
Free T4   1.0 (0.8-1.8 ng/dl)
TSH        6.852 (0.35-5.5 mciu/ml)
Anti-Thyroglobulin AB  <20  (<40 iu/ml)
Antithyroid peroxidase 496 (<35 iu/ml)
Reverse T3 (triiodothyronine)  202 (90-350 pg/ml)

thyroid stimulating immunoglob 75  (0-129%)

testosterone 750 (241-827 ng/dl)
DHEA sulfate  198 (80-560 mcg/dl)

Having read a response from Skipper suggesting that men in their 40s have
DHEA 50th percentile of 250, my DHEA concerns me somewhat (I am 37).

I am thinking cortisol check because of the DHEA level.

My doctor is suggesting thyroid supplementation.  I am researching.

I currently take a supplement regimen of a multi-vitamin, B12, tyrosine,
selenium, magnesium, zinc, chromium picolinate, CoQ-10, Green Tea extract,
grape seed extract, ginger root, PABA, CLA, and EFAs.

My diet consists of low-glycemic carbs, soy products, nuts (almonds, pecans,
cashews), hemp seed, and legumes (especially lentils).

Any ideas are appreciated

Take advantage of our best MSN Dial-up offer of the year — six months
@$9.95/month. Sign up now! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup

  Thyroid Welcome Message (Instructions) Always Available
 Anyone can obtain a fresh, new copy of the Thyroid Welcome
 message at any time (24/7) by sending an e-mail message
 saying only "get Thyroid Welcome" (remove quotes) to our
 sleepless robot at <[log in to unmask]>. Its free.