THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 2 Feb 2003 15:08:08 -0500
Skipper,
Do you have adrenal insufficiency as well?  If so, we are the rare ones.
 Nice to hear from you!

My bp runs between 90 and 110 over 68 to 78, with replacement dose of
either Cortef or prednisone.  With no change or switches in
corticosteroids, my bp suddenly shot up to 138-140/ 98!  THAT was very
weird.  At the same time, 14 lb weight gain and my tsh went up from 1
to 3.  Now I wonder if all this could be due to hypothyroidism.

'Replacement doses' for me are as follows:    All Cortef  16 mg./day +
.005 mg. florinef.   All prednisonse  4.5 mg./day. + .01 mg. florinef.
And using short term and long term steroids combined, I took:  Cortef 14
mg. + 1 mg. prednisone in pm (+.005 mg. florinef), which converted to
all cortef would equal 18 mg. Cortef.  (Pred. X 4 = mg. Cortef).  I am
5'3", small-boned,  and usually around 130-135 lb., and so take a bit
less than  what the textbooks quote as 'normal'.

I go to my gp next week for bursitis in my hip, BAD pain there.  And I
will ask his opinion re: these health issues.  Perhaps he'll run a blood
test or two on his own, maybe cholesterol?  that would be high too if I
were hypo, right?

thanks loads for your input
Holly

 Thyroid messages contain only the opinions of their authors.
 Opinions expressed on Thyroid do not necessarily reflect the
 opinions of the management, publisher, or our advertisers.

 Change your own account here
   http://www.Emissary.Net/Thyroid/index.html

If a question isn't answered on Thyroid, check the Thyroid Archives:
<http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/thyroid.html> and ask again!