THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 00:03:17 +0200
At 14:52 04/06/2002 -0500, you wrote:

>Denel, you mentioned that your periods are irregular?  Well mine have not
>been normal in over a year.  I kept telling him that it is because of my
>thyroid, because the DAY after he increased my meds, I had a regular period
>again!!!!  But he didn't listen to that, he continued to say that it was
>because of my weight.  He then went on to say that he is thinking of
>diagnosing me with PolyCyst Ovarian Syndrome.  No testing, nothing....  Just
>on two of the symptoms I have:  Being fat, and irregular periods.  And he
>went on saying that a pill called Glucophauge (sp?) would help me and maybe
>regulate my period.  I am not sure, I still question that diagnoses!

Please take care with Glucophage, don't take it if you are not 100% sure
that you have an insulin problem. I took it for a month or two thinking
that insulin was making me fat; not only I didn't lose any weight, but when
I stopped Glucophage I gained weight for a while because my pancreas had
slowed down, maybe almost stopped working - hey, someone was doing its job,
why bother ? I panicked thinking that I could have caused myself to become
diabetic - don't know if it could have happened, but I was worried !

(Now I'm trying Zyban... Isn't working either :-((((((((((((()

Sorry, I don't have any answers for you... But please be very careful !

Magda

  Thyroid Welcome Message (Instructions) Always Available
 Anyone can obtain a fresh, new copy of the Thyroid Welcome
 message at any time (24/7) by sending an e-mail message
 saying only "get Thyroid Welcome" (remove quotes) to our
 sleepless robot at <[log in to unmask]>. Its free.