THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 31 May 2002 14:45:32 -0500
I had pain and stiffness from a bunion that prevented me from curling my
toes under on that foot for about a year.  Attempts to do so caused pain.
During that year, I had been on the Wilson's protocol for much of the time,
taking slow release T3 only in amounts up to 105 mcg twice/day.  Two monthsa
after completing my last cycle of that protocol, I started taking Armour at
1 gr/day.  The pain and stiffness went away after one week.  I gradually
increased my dose to 3 gr day but after labs showed that both my total T4
and total T3 were well above the range, I decided to decrease to 2.5 gr.  My
plan was to see if I felt any different and also recheck my lipid profile to
see if the slight decrease made a difference there.  # gr had decreased my
total and LDL quite a
bit and I don't want them any higher, so if the 2.5 gr
does not keep the cholesterol down, even if I still felt about the same, I
would increase my dose back to 3 gr.

However, I no longer feel the same.  I've regained 6 lbs that I had lost and
for the past few weeks, I've had heel pain in both the bottom and sides of
that foot.  On several occasions, I've taken a little extra Armour to see if
the pain decreases and it always seems to.

My thought had been that I'd like to try getting both free T3 and free T4 to
the upper part of their ranges to see how that would feel.  Some people
accomplish this by reducing the amount of Armour and adding a small amount
of T4 drug to get a better balance of both.  Often, with Armour, people have
high T3 but low T4 and I wanted to see if any symptoms improved when both
are at about the same place in the range.  Several people on About.com's
bulletin board, ins
ist this worked best for them and I'm exploring all
options.
Nancy

 Thyroid messages contain only the opinions of their authors.
 Opinions expressed on Thyroid do not necessarily reflect the
 opinions of the management, publisher, or our advertisers.

 Change your own account here
   http://www.Emissary.Net/Thyroid/index.html

If a question isn't answered on Thyroid, check the Thyroid Archives:
<http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/thyroid.html> and ask again!