THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jody Geiger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 May 2002 15:39:32 -0500
Hi,

I have a few questions that I hope someone can answer for me before my
doctor's appointment next month.  I have Hypo and it hasn't been regulated
for about five years.  My current TSH was 3.75, which made me real happy
because I am on the road to recovery.  I am currently on .1 of Synthroid...
Here are my questions:

What kind of tests should I be requesting at my visit?  I have read a lot of
emails and I have never heard of anything except for a TSH.  Also what kind
of questions should I be asking?  Are there alternative treatments out there
instead of Synthroid?

And finally, I just recently started feeling good.  I hadn't had a normal
period in almost a year.  Well the past three months has been weird.  I got
my first one in March, it skipped in April and now in May I had it once at
the beginning and now again this week.  Should I be worried that it is
something else, or is it just trying to get regular?

Any comments and answers would be greatly appreicated.  I am only  24 years
old, but sometimes I feel about 85!  I want to get better, quickly!!! ;-)
Thanks for your time!

Jody (from Wisconsin)

Since last week, I started to take half a tablet (25 mcg) in the evening.
It has made such a difference in the way I feel!  I now sleep much better,
and when I wake up I feel rested.  My companion says that my snoring has
stopped, too!  That was his number one complaint with me.  I am going to
bring this up with my Endo when I see him on 6/05.