THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Caron Mosey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 19:01:12 -0400
Hey gang,
I've posted my labs over the past week or so, and am waiting to see the doc on May 3rd.  I know my levels are all messed up... I've put on over 60 pounds in the past year and a half, and feel about as crappy as I ever have.  One of my main concerns is the huge amount of fluid I have built up.  During the day is bad enough, but after I lay down for an hour or so at night, I feel like I'm drowning in my own fluids.  I usually end up hauling myself to the couch, where I can sleep more propped up and able to breathe.  When I tell my internist I have trouble breathing if I walk farther than to the mailbox and back, he says "Yes, you are really out of shape."  Well, NO KIDDING!   It's hard to get physically fit when you can barely haul your butt onto the exercise machine for lack of strength.  And I would love nothing more than to be able to walk 2 miles or more per day, but the thought of being a mile away from home and collapsing on the sidewalk doesn't thrill me.

Will something like Lasix help with all this fluid while I wait to see someone who knows what they are doing?

Help, please!
Caron

   Control Your Self-Serve Thyroid Account Here
Rules - mailto:[log in to unmask]
NoMail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Mail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Not DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Stop Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Subject: [THYROID] - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Subscribe - http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?SUBED1=thyroid
Unsubscribe - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Thyroid Archives - http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/thyroid.html
Contact List Owners - mailto:[log in to unmask]