THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joan McPhee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 06:39:58 -0600
on 4/8/02 12:40 PM, BubbaMugs at [log in to unmask] wrote:

> My mother has been a doctor's wife all her life.  She worships them.  She
> thinks they're like Gods.  It's going to be a hard sell to tell her anything
> that might suggest her doctor is wrong! <snip> how this (plantar fascitis) is
> thyroid related.  Can someone please help me help my Mom?
~~~~~~~~~

Sorry, this is going to sound heartless and cruel but here goes.  We
absolutely cannot help those who are not ready.... she has to be receptive,
and that's not going to happen.  Present the support info but be prepared to
give it up.  If you hang on to your failure to "help" the negativity will
affect YOU.  One of the big lessons in life I've learned is to accept what
we cannot change, and this has been difficult as I am a survivor.

Joan McPhee, not an M.D.
mailto:[log in to unmask]

  Thyroid Welcome Message (Instructions) Always Available
 Anyone can obtain a fresh, new copy of the Thyroid Welcome
 message at any time (24/7) by sending an e-mail message
 saying only "get Thyroid Welcome" (remove quotes) to our
 sleepless robot at <[log in to unmask]>. Its free.