THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gail Diane Kuhns <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 16:18:33 EDT
I had a very extensive physical the other day from a Wholistic Doctor in
California.  He is a member of the Broda Barnes association.

Besides thyroid, he ran testosterone, progesterone, estrogen, growth hormone
and DHEA,,

Except of the Estrogen, I take Triest compound, all of my hormones were
exceptionally low.  My growth hormone was that of a 80 year old.  I had zero
testosterone, and the progesterone of a 75 year old man.  My DHEA was also
almost too low to calculate.  The doctor gave me a testosterone shot.  I also
am trying to take a small amount of progesterone (too much gives me
migraines).  I also now am on 25 mcg of DHEA.

I have had to take prednisone for years for severe asthma and had an ACTH
test last year.  It was low 7.0 although the response was normal.

What causes such multiple hormone failure?  What does Human Grown Hormone do.
 The doctor mentioned I might consider injections.  They are expensive.  I
bought some dissolvable Growth Hormone tablets at the health food store (they
were about half the price).  I do not know if they will be any help or not.

Can anyone tell me what is going on.  It appears to me I might have
Polyglandular syndrome.  (Poor Adrenals, Hashimotos Hypothyroidism).  I also
have horrible cholesterol and triglyerides (Inherited Familial Type III,
Hypercholestemia),  I would like to feel normal again but it looks like it
might be an uphill battle.

Any information about the above would be helpful.

Gail K

                     Snip, Please
If you "Reply" to a message, and *you* fail to erase or delete
 the previous message, *your* message cannot be distributed.

Why not ask a question? If we're not currently talking about
what *you* want to hear about, ask about another topic! Or
make a statement. To be prepared, you might want to search
the Thyroid Archives http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html
to see what has been said before about any thyroid-related topic.