THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
victoria hartley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 08:31:25 +0100
Just a little infomation on a book that I recently read.
Called coping with Throid problems written by Dr. Joan Gomez

she is a psychiatrist and thyroid patient
I also believe she is on another planet
I quote from the introduction:

If theanswer from the test came back "underactive thryoid" you are in
luck.
    the treatment consists of tiny white tablets to supplement your
own supply of thyroid hormone. They work like magic, and have no side
effects. You will feel yourself gradually coming back to life again -
and sheddding those few unwanted pounds in the process."

"You may have heard of radioactive iodine as a treatment for
overactive thyroid. It sounds quite frightening, but it has been used
for so many years and is so safe that it is  now recommended even for
children"

The book continues in this vein although there are some useful bits
but sje does not live in the real world. It is probably the least
informative piece I have ever read on thryoid and I have read a lot.

Not recommended
Vicki

  If you "Reply" to a message, and fail to erase or delete
  the previous message, your message cannot be distributed.

If we're not currently talking about what *YOU* want to hear about,
why not ask a question? Or make a statement about your own "favorite"
topic? To be prepared, you might want to search the Thyroid Archives
http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html to see what has been said
before about any thyroid-related topic.