THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joan McPhee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 10:30:30 -0600
Doc don wrote:
> This "being stuck" in a mode that turns T4 into rT3 is what makes in
> necessary to use T3, alone. The rT3 can be thought of as the "Dark Side" or
> "Evil Twin" of T3. It undoes what T3 does. While T3 increases metabolic

I enjoyed your description, and it reminds me that the same theory may apply
to Chronic Fatigue patients.  My prof, Dr. Willard, theorizes that the
whiplash trauma from that car accident 20 years ago begins a "being stuck"
mode that results in CFS, fibromyalgia, and countless other syndromes that
may not culminate until years later.

Joan McPhee, not an M.D.
mailto:[log in to unmask]

  If you "Reply" to a message, and fail to erase or delete
  the previous message, *your* message cannot be distributed.

  Three addresses for your self-service Thyroid account
1 Talk to many thyroid people  <[log in to unmask]>
 2 Control your account       <[log in to unmask]>
   3 Human help - any active member or <[log in to unmask]>
Account control <A HREF="http://www.Emissary.Net/Thyroid/">X</A>
Question not answered on Thyriod? Check the Thyroid Archives:
  http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html and ask again!