THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Shannon Haragan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 19:30:54 -0400
Hi there -- I'm new to the group and am needing some enlightenment.  On the
topic of Hashimoto's and antibodies -- would a positive ANA test
(antinuclear antibodies - a test given to help diagnose autoimmune
disorders such as lupus and rheumatoid arthritis), plus hypo necessarily
indicate Hashimoto's?  I've been hypo for years, and I've also had a highly
positive ANA for years.  For a while, doctors thought I might have lupus,
but I don't.  Could this simply be yet another symptom of the Hashi's?  Or
does the ANA have nothing to do with the thyroid?

And how is Hashi's treated differently?  Why is it important to know
whether or not one has Hashi's?  Thanks for any thoughts on the subject.
Shannon

  If you "Reply" to a message, and fail to erase or delete
  the previous message, *your* message cannot be distributed.

  Three addresses for your self-service Thyroid account
1 Talk to many thyroid people  <[log in to unmask]>
 2 Control your account       <[log in to unmask]>
   3 Human help - any active member or <[log in to unmask]>
Account control <A HREF="http://www.Emissary.Net/Thyroid/">X</A>
Question not answered on Thyriod? Check the Thyroid Archives:
  http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html and ask again!