THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anne Albright <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 1997 09:48:43 EDT
Just wanted to relate a recent experience. I have been having trouble
with dry skin and while on vacation recently in Arizona I got some
baby oil, which I applied sparingly when I got out of the shower
and was still wet. Over the next few days I got a pretty bad rash of
poison ivy-type blisters on my forearms and legs where I was exposed
to the sun, but none on my face where I had applied sunscreen. It took
a while for me to figure out it might be the baby oil. When I stopped
using it, the rash went away after ten days or so.

I'd guess it was the fragrance in the baby oil. I had used it in
the past (several years ago) with no problem, but maybe I just have a
new sensitivity or maybe they changed the formula. In any case, I'd
be suspicious of anything, even soap, or even anything you have been
using with no problem. Just getting sun exposure can cause a problem
for something that doesn't usually bother you.

                    Anne
--
                    [x]  None of the Above
Anne Albright / [log in to unmask] / (919) 677-8000 x6323 / R4335