From:
Jerry Heston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 19:17:09 -0500
Yes, I did this with XP.  I had just bought a new drive and did a clean
install of XP.  As the previous poster said, the install routine will ask
you to insert a CD to prove that you qualify for the upgrade.  Worked like a
charm.  And from what I've read, if you want to use NTFS, it's supposed to
be best to start with a clean install NTFS-formatted.

> Has anyone actually done this with XP?  As I said in my post I knew it
could be done up through Win 98 SE, but it did not work with Win Me using
the upgrade.  If there is some trick to doing it with XP and Win ME, please
tell everyone how to do it.