From:
"BabyLemonade ..." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 12:54:57 -0400
>>1)  Why did you choose the paleo plan?

It made sense to me in an instinctive way, and it includes most foods i
love.

>>2)  How long have you been on a paleo diet?

On and off (off due mostly to financial concerns) for about 2 years.

>>3)  Which plan do you most closely follow

Mostly Neanderthin.

>>4)  What have been your results - health
>>improvements, weight loss, etc.

Lost some excess weight (about 15 pounds); periods went from being a
4-times-a-year affair to pretty regular (with much less unwanted symptoms);
hair and skin became much healthier and beautiful; moodiness and constant
hunger almost vanished; lots of extra energy making me able to go without
sleep/rest for incredible lengths when needed.

>>5)  Did you have any addictions when you started
>>that were hard to kick; if
>>so, how did you do it  (cold turkey or slow
>>withdrawal)???

Salty snacks are still a bit of a struggle to resist; i still smoke, other
than that not much.

>>6)  Are there any "paleo foods" which you exclude
>>from the diet because they
>>don't work for you?

Not really. I stick to things i actually love, this makes it all much
easier. I have no problem with lack of variety as opposed to most people.

>>7)  Are there any "non-paleo foods" which you seem
>>to be able to handle in
>>small quantities while still maintaining your health
>>improvements, etc.?

2-3 cups of coffee a day, some chocolate when i crave it bad, i eat
nightshades when thats all thats available in salad bars etc.

>>8)  What is a typical paleo day for you?  (I'm
>>particularly interested in
>>what you all have for breakfast as I don't like
>>eggs)

Breakfast: often nothing but coffee, I'm not real hungry waking up.
Lunch: Stir-fry with one or two kinds of fish or eggs and bacon or green
salad with chicken and nuts.
Dinner: Steak and veggies or sausages with sauerkraut, any leftovers from
lunch.
Snacks: sardines or kipper in oil.

>>9)  Do you take any vitamins, supplements?

No.

>>10)  What about exercise?

No organized schedule but mountain biking, hiking for fun.