C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 21:03:49 -0400
 you r bad!  :-}

-----Original Message-----
From: Cleveland, Kyle E.
To: 'Barber, Kenneth L. '; [log in to unmask] '
Sent: 6/3/2002 8:54 PM
Subject: RE: first cars,  how fun  , a little long.

 Here's a little trick with the 289, Ken.  Drop a little bit of water
into
the main vaccuum line leading into the intake manifold--makes the car
sound
"on the edge" just enough to make people think you have at least a 3/4
race
cam under the hood.  I've done it with Laura's minivan at gas stations
when
I park next to some kid with a street rod.  You have to say lines like,
"Yeah, she'd probably turn in the low 11's, but I'm afraid the front end
(omigod! A front-wheel drive muscle car!) will break loose and I'll spin
bearing.  Have to be careful not to get my foot into it too much."  So
then
I have some pimply-faced kid asking his dad to drop a cam in the family
Caravan!  What fun!

Anyway, sometime when Judy's not looking, try my water in the vacuum
line
trick.  Sounds just like Don Garlits! Ha Ha!

(BTW--Too much water and you'll foul the injectors.  Caveat Emptor!)