C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Trisha Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 11:27:16 -0400
I wasn't commenting on that - the child support portion was what I was
commenting on - and the states involvement in the amount - depending on the
amount of the child support and the years he paid it and the amount of
college donation - he could be paying the same amount both ways. Would he
have paid more or less if it was voluntary? The state the amount - don't
know how - Virginia has 600 limit and that is divided between the two
incomes - by the percentage you put in.  He will have paid - $36,000 in
child support ( over 12 years) and he has no intention of helping with
college or helping buy a car. In the mean time - I have put out - $65,000,
and that doesn't count - the cost of her medical care - like insurance -
which I carry and the co-pays and left over balances, nor the up and coming
college amount of ?????? - nor the $15,000 for new car. I truly don't
begudge him his money - okay so he has new Honda motorcycle and a new car
and new digital camera nad computer and other stuff - I do begudge him the
extra time I am away from Amber - so we can live. He spends no time with
Amber, never calls her and until recently spazed out with the child support
- the kid had no money and lost mom time. The kids want me home. When Jackie
was living there - she waitress part-time and gave me money  so I could stay
home with them. The kids need us and our presence, and child support can
help with that. We only have kids for such a short time, shouldn't at least
be with them then?

                                          Trisha