C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathleen Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 15:20:50 -0400
I'm a big Monty Python fan, as most of you know, and I watched "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" the other night.  Of course, I had to laugh at all my old favourites, such as the Knights Who Say "Ni," the French soldier, the killer rabbit, etc. etc.  However my favourite scene is the one in which King Arthur tries to figure out a way to kill the Killer Rabbit and remembers that Brother Maynard has the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.  He asks for instructions on how to use it and Brother Maynard asks his cleric to read the following:

Cleric: "And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more - no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.'"

That is the best  line in the movie!

Kat