C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathleen Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 14:09:13 -0500
Kyle,

I dunno about the guy having any "dirt" on the higher-ups but can tell you as an HR person you need lots and lots of documentation to have anything done about him.  Hearsay and oral complaints aren't going to hack it.  What's needed are formal, written complaints that can be put in his file to show a history of such.  True, I work in a "hire and fire at will" state, but if you're going to fire a person for his behaviour, you'd better damn well make certain it won't fall under the ADA statutes.  It's times like this when I start to think the ADA has become too broadly interpreted, when it involves danger to third parties.

Kat

"St. John's University Cerebral Palsy List" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Thanks, Kat & Mag!  BTW, I asked my attorney what I should do about the
affidavit, he said, "Sign no documentation of the events unless the employer
is willing to give you increased protection."  They are not, so I will not.
Betty, I think your original assessment of the situation is dead-on.
Something smells funny in Denmark on this one--maybe the guy, crazy as he
is, has the "goods" on one or more of the big-wigs.  Anyway, I ain't gonna
be nobody's fall guy.  I can't believe that people would be so willing to
allow me and my family to be put in jeopardy like that.  Who knows?  When
this guy gets back, it could turn out that I AM the only one he can trust.

-K.