From:
Chris & Trudy Haider <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 07:20:52 -0500
Several things come to mind here.
1. Do you live in a salty air environment? The modem may have been damaged
if the PC was not stored properly for that length of time.
2. Perhaps the device was damaged during your move.
3. did you install any other devices on the PC causing the resource
conflict?
4. Have you verified that you are in fact getting a dial tone on the line
you have plugged in to the modem?
5. Try verifying these issues first. If nothing works, you can pick up a new
56k modem today for very little, maybe about 30.00 to 40.00. Install the new
modem and drivers that come with it and see what happens. Also you may be
able to go the     website of the device manufacturer and obtain updated
drivers and or patches for problems. Check question 1 thru 5 before
purchasing a new modem. It would be easier if I was there to actually test
the modem out. Sure hope this helps in some way.
Best Regards,
Chris