From:
Susan Wiederhold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 18:45:55 GMT
Thanks for all your suggestions last month on the video color problem.  Turned out the monitor was finally giving up the ghost..one color at a time! (but it was over 8 years old and I've given up how many times it was moved, so I really got my money's worth out of it. Now to find a place to recycle it. any suggestions?

Also have decided to get a new system. This one is not meeting our needs any longer... it's sufficient for typing school papers, but that is about it. I've got 2 ways to go about this. I can either purchase an already built system (I'll go with Dell), but doubt it can ever be upgraded. My other option is to go to an individual shop here in town (I like the idea of supporting local merchants), and have them build one, but am not sure what specs tell them to use.  this will allow me to upgrade it at a future date if I so desire.

The second option seems to me to be the better solution, but I'd like some additional input. MY BIL has a technology consulting biz, but I'm concerned that if I ask him for suggestions, he might take it as a request for him to build/give us a computer, and while that would be nice, I do NOT want to give him that impression.

Any ideas/suggestions/feedback?

Thanks in advance.

Susan Wiederhold
Colorado