From:
"Brian L. Sanburn" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 17:07:48 -0600
Ed,

        I'm replying to the list because I believe this topic may not be all that
uninteresting to most of our listmates.

        A recent read on this very topic came to mind instantly.  So, I'll share
the link for it.  It comes from Network World Fusion Newsletters at
http://www.nwfusion.com/newsletters/nt/index.html.  You should see a link
to each of the two parts of the story.  I hope it helps you.

Brian

<<< you wrote... >>>

I hope this post is OK, but what better group of experts to help . . .

A colleague and dear friend has experienced our worst nightmare:  fatal
hard drive crash.  While we will bite our tongues to keep from uttering,
"You didn't have ANY backups!," I am searching for experts in the data
recovery business in the event there is any hope that his (literally)
thousands of hours of work can be salvaged.  To avoid listserv clutter
since I suspect this is of limited to interest to folks, please e-mail
back channel at:  [log in to unmask] and I will relay the
suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

Ed Nottingham
www.DrEdNottingham.com