From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 16:56:46 -0800
  Since Disk Administrator is the NT/2K/XP GUI tool to partition and
format drives, this is probably not the problem.  (It occurs to me,
though, that SCSI drives sometimes need a "low-level" format --
through sftware on the SCSI controller ROM -- when first connected to
a new controller....)

  What controllers are present?  I have an NT box on which NT, once
booted, disagrees with the bootloader component about what controller
is "SCSI Controller #1", and so the drive letters took some doing to
get in the order I wanted them.

David Gillett

On 14 Feb 2002, at 9:22, Gary R. Tennesen wrote:

> Your symptoms appear to be of a drive that hasn't been partitioned
> or formatted.  If you know that you have already done these tasks,
> try booting with a floppy disk and see what FDISK tells you about
> the drive.
>
> You may need to run the system command to put the system files
> back into the boot sector.
>
> --gary
> [log in to unmask]   (formerly [log in to unmask])

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com