From:
Hardikar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 13:58:21 +0300
I have started facing a strange problem, when I boot my computer (P1
MMX200), I get following errors CMOS setting wrong, CMOS Checksum Error,
CMOS Display Wrong, press F1 to run setup. I enter setup to note that the
date is 08.28.1997, but the time is correct.I exit setup without changing
anything and the system reboots again automatically. This time it will
detect the IDE devices normally and go to the second flash screen and
thereafter reboot again after a pause without showing starting
windows...etc. It would keep cycling this reboot
process for about 5 minutes and then hault with a black screen.  If in the
beginning I do not enter setup and instead laeve the PC displaying the three
error messages for about 5 minutes and then press F1 and escape to exit
without saving any changes, the system reboots normally and the PC works
without any problem thereafter. Any restart or reset would reboot normally.
After booting normally, each time I change the date from the task bar. I use
win 98SE. However, if I leave the PC switched off for over 2 hours, then
the same problem is faced again on cold boot.
.
The MB is socket7 TxPro(PC82C 439Tx) chipset. BIOS AMI
51-0505-001437-00111111-071595-M1531/43-001_10_TX_PRO_0. I understand that
this is a PCChips M560 MB. I do not see any battery in the board that can be
replaced.I have tried the BIOS reset jumpers in the MB to reset the BIOS but
it did not help.

Any solution to overcome this problem will be of great help.

Will it help by flashing the BIOS? I found the AMI BIOS update file
5600410S.bin file from dejanet site for PCChip M560 MB. Is this the correct
update file for my board (to best of the knowledge)?

Thanks in advance,

Anant Kumar Hardikar