From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 22:50:01 -0800
It sounds like you have a short, or a bad connection, that was created when
the PC was tilted. Or it could of been almost there, and the tilt was the
last straw. You write that you have checked all connections for any thing
obvious. So I would disassemble everything, and then inspect everything,
looking for burned or discolored connectors. Clean any suspect connectors.
Once you are satisfied everything is OK , then reassemble it. Just going
through this process can often solve a problem like this.

Rode
The NOSPIN Group

At 07:23 PM 2/10/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>i have a computer that has suddenly started rebooting itself. sometimes
>during the boot process, sometimes at the Win98se desktop. it happens
>if the
>computer is touched or the table moved slightly.
>
>i tried switching the RAM, pulling a SCSI card that ran an HP4C scanner,
>checking all connections.
>
>what should i try next?
>
>just before it started happening, a student leaned over the tower, tilting
>it at a 45 º angle while trying to reach something behind it.
>
>Asus P2B motherboard
>Pentium II 233
>Seagate 4GB hard drive
>Windows 98SE