From:
"pink-ribbon.org" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 17:07:59 -0500
Marianne, here's a recipe for Potassium Juice and Potassium Essence
Broth:
(from "Healthy Healing" by Linda G. Rector-Page, N.D., phD - 9th
Edition - published by Healthy Healing Publications  ISBN#
0-912331-21-6) - QUOTED from her page 53

POTASSIUM JUICE:
The single mst effective juice for cleansing, neutralizing acids, and
rebuilding the body.  It is a blood and body tonic to provide rapid
energy and system balance:

Juice in juicer:
3 carrots
1/2 bunch of spinach
1/2 bunch parsley
3 stalks celery
opt:  1-2 teaspoons Bragg's Liquid Aminos

(Nutritional analysis per serving:  69 cal., 3 gm protein, 15 gm carb, 6
gm fiber, trace fats, 0 cholesterol, 100 mg calcium, 2 mg iron, 52 mg
magnesium, 788 mg potassium, 144 mg sodium, 1 gm zinc).

POTASSIUM ESSENCE BROTH
If you do not have a juicer, make potassium broth in a soup pot.  While
not as concentrated or pure, it is still an excellent source of energy,
minerals and electrolytes. For a 2 day supply:

Cover with water in a soup pot:
3-4 carrots
2 potatoes, with skins
1 onion
3 stalks celery
1/2 bunch parsly
1/2 head cabbage
1/2 bunch broccoli.
Simmer covered for 30 minutes, strain and discard colids.
Add 2 tsp. Bragg's LIQUID AMINOS, or 1 tsp miso.  Store in the fridge
covered.

Nutritional analysis per serving:  100 cal, 6 gm protein, 22 gm carb, 9
gm fiber, trace fats, 0 chol, 141 mg calcium, 4 mg iron, 60 mg
magnesium, 147 mg sodium, 1 mg zinc, 944 mg potassium.

Bon apetit!
Namaste,
ruthc
NAMASTE: (ANCIENT SANSKRIT BLESSING meaning):
"I honor the place in you in which the entire Universe dwells. I honor
the place in you, which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace.
When you are in that place in you, and I am in that place in me, WE ARE
ONE." NAMASTE!
LETS MAKE BREAST CANCER HISTORY!!
ruthc email:  [log in to unmask]
Please come and visit my website: http://pink-ribbon.org

From: "Marianne Fuller" <[log in to unmask]>
> > does anyone out there understand the labeling on potassium pills? I
can't
> > figure out the labeling. It says:
> >
> > potassium (potassium gluconate 550 mg) 90 mg
>
> yes 90mg of actual potassium, the legal limit for ove the counter
pills in
> USA.
>
> Easier and cheaper is to buy LiteSalt and dissolve an eighth of a
teaspoon
> in water and drink, or use it in cooking if you really need it.
>
> But why take potassium at all? It can be dangerous for people on blood
> pressure medications or with kidney problems I think.
>
> --Richard

I am reading the Protein Power book by Eades right now and it recommends
potassium supplementation when beginning the low
carbohydrate diet.  I was curious about whether this is necessary and
whether food sources are more appropriate.

Jana