NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
The Finnerty's <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 1997 17:04:32 -0400
How ironic - I just returned with a box of pop tarts after "checking" the
ingredients.  I remember attempting to buy them last year and was
disappointed that yet another "junk" food was not a possibility for my
child.  It is strange that us "mothers of allergic kids" take delight when
our kids can eat a store-bought junk food item!  Anyhow, I tried them and I
concur with your husband - they tasted alot better before - probably due to
the "whey powder".  I plan on calling Kelloggs to see about
cross-contamination.   I noticed Dunkaroos also took the milk ingredients
out but there is a Kosher symbol (with the D) to indicate manufacturing of
dairy on the equipment!   At least the products do not have dairy in them
anymore - one less chance of a problem at school.

Marie