C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 14:12:26 -0400
> What are CIO, SAP, adp, HRIS, & HR?

This is all computer jargon, which Kyle and Ken (and some others) can
understand.

Kat

CIO = Chief Information Officer, a top manager of the company who oversees the
computer department

SAP = System Analysis Program - a German database management program

ADP = Automatic Data Processing - our payroll management programme

HRIS = my department, Human Resources Information Systems - we develop
databases and manage the HR data.

HR = Human Resources, the deparment that hires employees, sets up their
benefits, keeps track of them, etc. etc.

Kat