C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 29 Jun 2002 18:00:06 +1000
When I read your message I thanked God I live in Australia.

If I cant go to my usual G.P. I can go to another one. If I was in heaps of
pain I can go to a public hospital (no charge).

Or..

because I pay for health insurance I can go to a private hospital (accident
& emergency).

Looks like over there once you sign on the dotted line it is bad luck.

Kate

Hey all...

I haven't been on the list today as it's been a particularly bad day
pain/spasticity wise.  Things have been getting progressively worse for
about a week.  I left work about two hours early yesterday, slept about two
hours last night and could not grasp a razor or toothbrush.  Needless to
say, I did not work today.

Called the pain doc's office at 9:00 and said that I urgently needed to see
the physician.  I was told that the earliest possible time was July 26th.
Fine, but could someone "call something in for me?"  That was 9:00, I called
back at 2:00 and re-emphasized the urgency and was told that someone would
get back with me eventually (today??  this year??).