C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yvonne Craig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 10:00:22 -0400
>>> [log in to unmask] 06/20/02 03:37PM >>>
I've heard the balloon shaving story before by one of the nurses that
prepped me.  I told her that I was more afraid of...well...getting "woken
up", so to speak, and how embarasseing that would be.  She said that it does
happen, but the men are a lot more shaken by the experience than the nurses.
My best friend goes under the knife next week for a varicocele removal.  He
said that the shave job was a scarier prospect than the surgery.  I told
him, "Wait until the anesthaesia wears off.  You'll be changing your mind
then!".

So, did anything ever, say, "pop up" while you were giving the old chariot
wheels a trim?