C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 15:07:11 -0400
Michael,

Mandated in Ohio is a new CSEA system (called SETS or Support Enforcement
Tracking and Services).  All 88 counties are supposed to replace their own
systems with SETS, but the larger, urban counties are finding it more
cost-effective to pay the State a monthly fine for non-compliance rather
than bear the cost of conversion.  SETS would also eliminate a lot of
redundancy in local CSEA offices, so there are other political
considerations.

Your ODC card is much like the one I am lobbying for through F.A.C.E
(Fathers And Children for Equality).  Although I was pretty naive about
local politics when I started working with FACE, being employed by local
government has really opened my eyes to how the "system" works.  Only when
the media swings its guns around to point at "payment in kind" instead of
"deadbeat dads" will the State get something going on our lobbying efforts.

In politics, truth is meaningless.  Perception is everything.