C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 17:30:34 EST
In a message dated 3/26/2002 5:09:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> (how many amendments to the
> constitution you got now!),

Twenty seven, the last (thus far) was ratified in 1992.  The more ominous
answer I might offer is "a few more than are treated with respectful regard."
 Me nervous.

I can't speak for everyone in the US, but I don't mind a little good natured
ribbing from the Derinator.  In fact sir, you have made me think on more than
one occasion.  I have been made to see more.  My national allegiance is to
the United States, but I'm a lot more fun to watch in the company of other
republicans than I used to be.  It's one of the little things I live for.

Of all the constitutional amendments though, I find the fourth to be an
especially sweet deal for every US citizen.  Pain in the butt to good law
enforcement officers though it may be, the fourth amendment is a beautiful
thing.  I am thankful to be able to deny a bad cop more than a donut.

> this is Deri "the Nihilist" broadcasting from a country with an
> "unwritten" constitution!!).

Prove you're a Nihilist  :-O

There is an irony in your last last last comment that I can't afford to think
about right now.

On a final note, I previously posted to this thread about personal safety and
revealing certain kinds of information.  I did not mean to suggest that I
think anyone here I know could be a bad guy, I don't think that for a minute.
 It was food for though for general purposes.  I've put a lot of personal
stuff out there myself.

My best to the Queen.  I'd be to tell her myself, but my ancestors had other
ideas.
Betty