C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Brent Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 17:45:00 -0500
Kathy Jo wrote:

> Okay all , I guess, since everybody is speaking
> up , I might as well , too.  I thought this list
> was a general CP ListServ for EVERYONE (adults as
> well as children).  I know there are Lists for
> ADULTS FOR CEREBRAL PALSY.  I don't think this
> list should talk about things like sex, etc..

Why not? Specifically, I mean. I have cp. I have sex. My cp affects the way
I have sex. I'm pretty sure cp affects the way everyone here with cp has
sex, to a greater or lesser degree.

Everyone keeps bringing up kids. Would someone please tell me if there are
any children (i.e. under 13) directly subscribed to this list? I for one
seriously doubt there are, but this is the second or third time someone has
raised the issue. Have any children ever posted here in the past?

As far as I am concerned, and with clear anti-censorship statements from
both Bobby and Deri sitting here in front of me, this matter was settled
yesterday. I'm certainly not going to *try* to be offensive. However under
the "Explicit Content" subject header, I am going to talk about sexuality
issues from time to time.

I feel as though I've already made a couple of enemies here, and I feel
awful about that. It was never my intention. I honestly didn't realize sex
was still a taboo subject in the western world in the 21st century. Perhaps
that was naiveté on my part.

Brent