C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 18:16:34 -0500
If you go to the CDC sight and look up the info on CP one of the problems
again is, no one has been keeping an accurate count.  However, there was a
time when the incidence (new cases) of cp where decreasing.  Now we have
more medical advances where lower birth weight babies are surviving (the
rise of the use of surfactants to help premature lungs).  With that rise in
survival, we are starting to see a small increase in cp again.

beth t. the OT