C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Salkin Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Salkin Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 11:08:59 -0500
I can understand all this, and like I said, I totally sympathise.  However,
the second trial was more like the "real" thing and I think that the results
is what they are going by.  I've had pain from pinched nerves and do agree
with you they are extremely excruciating. As I said in my note to you I
think they treated you horribly during the testing and so feel you should
think about filing a complaint.

This happens all the time - originally a procedure is recommended, and the
patient goes through initial trials or testing, only to find later it won't
work.   It has happened in my case, it happened to my father, and it happens
to others. The disappointment and money expended in my case was crushing. My
father's case was his cancer treatment; the experimental treatment they gave
him didn't give him quality of life, nor did it decrease his pain.

I only hope that the pain clinic can get you off the morphine and on to
something else that will work.  That is what they're for, to help you with
pain management and maximise your ability to function.

Kat