C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathleen Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 10:48:36 -0500
Sorry it's taken so long for me to respond to this but it seems to have
gotten lost amonst all the email I had piling up in my inbox due to several
medical issues that came up last week.

Yes, Betty, it was marvellous, seeing for the first time after the bandage
was taken off.  It was in the doctor's office, the day after the surgery,
and my sister was with me.  She has bright red hair, and it was so bright,
I couldn't believe it!  Colours were no longer dull -- I had had no idea
just how dull they were before -- and the focus was so much sharper, it was
like focusing with a camera lens from blurry to sharp.  They did the  other
eye three months later and I've never taken my sight for granted since.

Kat