C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 16 Mar 2002 11:09:52 EST
I'm going to do it Carla.  I've said in the past that I would heed your
advice in these matters and then have not done it.  This has only been out of
laziness.  For whatever it's worth though, my neurologist gave me the same
advice you did.  I think I mentioned that once, but I still haven't done
anything about it.

Now I think a lot about estrogen, and the changes that occur normally for a
woman my age (43).  There are so many products on the market, that it's
difficult to know which is best.  I have one friend who swears by soy
containing products and integrative medicine, another who has been on hormone
replacement therapy for a couple of years with what she describes as great
success, but I've heard that the latter also poses an extra risk for breast
cancer.

My Mom swore by Vitamin E for everything.  She probably used it for brake
fluid.