C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jennifer Zubko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 10:34:23 -0500
Hi,

I had 2 or three strabismus surgeries as a child, but they did not work. My
parents did not want to put me through another one, and wanted the "beauty"
issues to be my choice. I have been referred to a surgeon who does
strabismus surgery for pediatrics and adults here in Ottawa. No idea when my
appt. will be. I just want the surgery so people stop asking me if I CAN
SEE, WHAT EYE TO LOOK INTO, ETC.
What are the risks involved. My parents had been through it twice, and did
not want the same doctors helping me.
I don't hope for better vision, just cosmetic reasons so I can be a regular
24 year old.

Any input?
I am still going to have vision problems (had retinopathy of prematurity and
wear very strong glasses).
And thank you for all of your compliments. I am still praying hard that
things will work out. Maybe thios year was just not the right year for the
pump- maybe I need Dr. Myles or Dr. Albright-- they are good friends. WE
WILL SEE WHAT GOD MAKES HAPPEN, BUT THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME FEEL VERY MUCH
AT PEACE, AND FOR ALL YOUR PRAYERS. WILL LET YOU KNOW IF DR. ALBRIGHT
RESPONDS.

Thank you for everything. Please keep praying.
Jenn